Monday, October 1, 2007

Red Geranium - Lake Geneva, WI

We have been to this restaurant several times over the years. The food is always consistent, which is what I like. The service is never excellent, in fact, it can be slow at times.

Our favorite appetizers are the She Crab Soup and the Shrimp Rockefeller. It's a very creative spin on traditional Rockefeller. For the main course, the Parmesan Tilapia is excellent. It is topped with parmesan cheese and scallions, then baked to a golden brown. Another favorite is the Chicken Angelina. The chicken is marinated in herbs and topped with bruschetta style tomatoes and Asiago cheese. I always gravitate toward fish or chicken, so I'm always happy to find many fish and chicken choices. I am always disappointed if there is only one chicken choice and if it's breaded and deep fried I won't eat it. The Red Geranium has several fish, shrimp and chicken selections. The also have a good wine selection.

My only complaint would be that many of the entrees are served with a "potato of the day", so the starch choice is limited.

http://www.redgeraniumrestaurant.com/

No comments: