Friday, April 17, 2009

Chez Jacques - Milwaukee, WI

This restaurant came recommended to us by a friend who knows we like French style cooking, so we decided to give it a try.

I'm only familar with certain areas of downtown Milwaukee and assumed that's where this place was. When we pulled up to the front, it just didn't seem like it was where a restaurant should be, but I got over it once we walked in. They are located on South First St., one block north of teh Allen-Bradley clock)

It's a cute little place, nothing fancy on the inside, but you feel comfortable right away, which is important. They have all the typical items you would expect to find - Steak frites, Boeuf Bourguignon, Bouillabaisse and even Croque-Monsieur.

We started with Bouchee a la reine (puffed pastry filled w/Crepes, veal and cream sauce). Very good.

I had Coquille Saint-Jacques, which is sea scallops in a vermouth sauce. This is actually the first time I had Coquille Saint-Jacques, so I don't know how to compare it, but it was good.

My husband had the rabbit special, which was also very good. Plus, it was a treat for him, because not a lot of places serve rabbit.

This place is very reasonably priced. My only complaint is that it went too fast. I know it's a fine line between too fast and too slow, but some places just know how to get it right.

http://chezjacques.com/

No comments: