Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chop Steakhouse & Bar - Winnipeg, MB, Canada

I happened to be up in Winnipeg on business and was tired of eating at the same old restaurant, so I was looking for a treat. Well, I found it at Chop!

This restaurant is by far the best place I have dined at in Winnipeg. The food was prepared perfectly and the service was exceptional. We were there on a night they were not so crowded, so maybe we got better attention.

They had a special Lobster menu when I was there so I got the lobster salad and it was fantastic. For my main course I wanted to try their lobster risotto, but they had run out, so I had the Halibut Chop which was on their regular menu. I thought it was very good, but it did have too much lemon for my liking. I do not think I would have it again.

My guest had the Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio appetizer and for his main course he had the Wasabi Crusted Ahi Tuna. He said both were exceptional. He ordered a side of Wasabi mashed potatoes and let me have a taste, make sure you order them.

Since we had been eating at less charming restaurants, it was nice to see a full wine menu. I was tired of only haveing the choice of white or red wine. The pours would good, but a little pricey, like everything else in Canada.

Winnipeg is generally very expensive when it comes to eating. The main course at Chop will run you around $30 US, so this is not really expensive. You will pay the same amount going to most chain resturants.

Next time we are in the area, we will be going back to this restaurant.

http://www.chop.ca/

No comments: