Saturday, February 23, 2008

Carlos' - Highwood, IL

This is undoubtedly our favorite restaurant ever, we go here at least two times a year, sometimes more. It has a contemporary French menu and the atmosphere is relaxing, regardless if there is two or six people in your group and the staff are friendly and not stuffy at all. They really treat you like family.

We almost always get the degustation menu. If you do this you have the option of swapping things from the regular menu, just in case you do not like something in the degustation. If you like wine, get the wine pairing, they do an excellent job choosing for you.

One time we went we brought my mother, who is not a heavy eater, so she just wanted an appetizer and a main course. Against my recommendation she had the Filet Mignon. Once she tasted it she said I had to try a piece because it was the best steak she had ever had. Once I took a bite, I had to agree.

The last time we took my brother and his wife. They had never been there before and they usually do not go to French restaurants. Carlos greeted us and showed us to our seats, which was the beginning of one of the most entertaining evenings we have had in a long time. My brother agrees now and Carlos has become if favorite restaurant.

Don’t take our word for it, give this restaurant a try. Just take a look at the menu and I am sure they will win you over.


http://www.carlos-restaurant.com/

No comments: