Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Savanna House Restaurant & Bar - Wadsworth, IL



We were out for a weekend drive and we saw this restaurant. The only reason we even saw it was because we were trying to avoid construction on the Illinois tollway.

The place is relatively new, they have been open for less than a year. It is clean and very comfortable.

The bar area where they have live music on occasion takes up most of the building, the restaurant is mainly on what they call a sun room. Don't let the bar atmosphere deter you from visiting, it is not the main attraction.

What impressed us was the excellent service and the fantastic home-cooked food. Unless they were fooling us, it did appear that everything coming from the kitchen seemed extremely fresh and well prepared. Home cooking really would describe the food the best.

We have now been there twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. For lunch I had their Chunky Chili and their Build a Burger. For my burger I chose the small 1/4 lb size, which was more than enough. The burger reminded me of ones I use to get at a grill when I was a kid. It was fantastic. My wife had the French Onion Crock and a Turkey Burger, which she gave me a taste of. I am not a big fan of turkey burgers, they are usually dry and flavorless. This one was really good and I might even pick it over beef next time.

For dinner we shared their crab cake appetizer, which is not a what I would call a normal crab cake, but it was really good. I then had the ribs and my wife had the barbecue chicken. The barbecue Chicken was really good, but to tell you the truth, I would pas s on the ribs. They were a little cold and the meat was very dry and hard to get off the bone. Maybe I just hit them on a bad night.

We are very happy 94 is under construction, it gave us a chance to go to a new restaurant that we really did enjoy.

http://www.savannahouserestaurant.com/location.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did hit it on a bad night. The ribs are usually fall off the bone good (and warm not cold).