Thursday, September 10, 2009

David's Bistro - Antioch, IL

One day I was driving through downtown Antioch and noticed this restaurant, which I had never noticed before. Maybe it was the tables set up for outdoor dining that caught my eye. Either way, I was excited! A new restaurant to try. I immediately got on their website, which is very nice, and saw what they had for dinner. It seems that David owned this restaurant for a while, but I'm a little unclear as to what the name was.

The food looked very interesting, a little more creative than normal, so we decided to go there for dinner the following Sunday night.

There are two sides to the restaurant -one side is very bright and the other side has more subdued lighting and just has a more romantic atmosphere. We were disappointed that we were put on the "bright" side. Next time we will insist on the other side.

There are many choices for appetizers, which are very reasonably priced. For example a Crab Cake is $5.99 and a Ahi Tuna Martini is $6.99. We started with a Bacon Scallop Puff Martini, also only $6.99 and it was very good.

For my entree I had the Shrimp and Lobster Newburg (served over sticky rice with a madeira wine cream sauce). This was priced at $19.99, which I think is a reasonable price. The servings are not huge, but it was satisfying.

My husband had Lamb Chops (crusted with pine nuts and pecans with a tarragon cream sauce) also priced at $19.99. He's not a huge fan of nuts, but did enjoy this dish.

For a Sunday night, they were surprisingly busy. And because of this I thought the service suffered a little.

All in all it was a good experience and we will definitely be going back soon.

http://www.davidsbistro.com/

No comments: