Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wildfire - Lincolnshire, IL

We have been to this Lettuce Entertain You restaurant many times over the year. 99% of our visits have been positive, so that's pretty good. This visit was no exception.

We made reservations through Open Table, which is just about the greatest way to make, modify and cancel reservations. I just wish every restaurant used this system.

We were three people and got seated in one of the u-shaped booths, which are my favorite. The restaurant is always so busy that I hate sitting out in the middle of the room in a regular table. It's better to be off in a corner.

We started by sharing their Spinach Salad, which I always have to have whether I'm here for dinner or lunch. It's a combination of spinach, bacon, mushrooms, radishes, eggs and a warm mustard dressing, which they toss right at the table.

I had the halibut special, which was served with a buerre blanc sauce. The fish was a good-sized portion and prepared perfectly. I chose wild rice for my side and it went well with the fish.

My husband had the Trio of Beef special, which I believe they have had everytime we've been there the last several years. I normally get this, but I was trying to make a healthier choice. This is three filets (3 oz each I believe) and you can get your choice of topping, such as a horseradish crust, mushroom, blue cheese, bernaise sauce and a few others.

One thing you can't pass up when you dine here is dessert. They all look so good when they bring you the platter and they are HUGE. My favorite is a big chocolate cookie pie served warm with ice cream on top. It's unbelievable.

Other than Lincolnshire, there are locations in Chicago, Oak Brook, Glenview, Schaumburg and one in Minnesota, Georgia and Virginia. When is Kenosha going to get a restaurant like this????

http://www.wildfirerestaurant.com/lincolnshire/menus

No comments: